This Paleo Zucchini Dill Bacon Soup combines Zucchini and bacon that has been baked and some that has been cooked, with some dill and some bone broth. Dill makes this a soup that is full of flavor and aromatic.
ZUCCHINI DILL BACON SOUP
To make this soup to serve 2 you will need,
3 Zuchinis, Bunch of Dill weed (to serve at the end), 1 cup stock or broth of your choice. I use bone broth. 1 long rasher of bacon ,a bit of butter if bacon is not fatty or if you like.
Grate part of the Zuchinni and chop up the rest. Chop up bacon too.
Seperate half onto a baking paper. Add salt, butter, a bit of dill weed and seal it ready for baking.
Bake in a pre heated oven for about 15 mins. While it is baking cook the rest of the ingredients.
Cook at a low heat on a stove top. Add a teaspoon of butter in a pot and bacon to get started. Add on the Zuchinni after a minute or two and cook for about 10 mins or until the large pieces are tender. Add your choice of stock and bring to a simmer. Then it’s ready to serve.
Sprinkle on your chopped dill weed. Serve into individual bowls. Top with the roasted part of the soup which shoud come out of the oven looking like this.
Combine the two elements of your soup and enjoy their beauty and taste.
ENJOY YOUR ZUCCHINI DILL BACON SOUP
- 3 Zucchini
- 1 rasher free range bacon
- 1 cup broth or stock of choice
- Dill weed( to serve)
- Grate part of the Zucchini and chop up the rest.
- Chop bacon
- Divide half of the soup ingredients onto a baking paper, salt, butter added then seal.
- Bake at medium heat for 15 mins in a pre heated oven
- While that's baking cook the rest of the ingredients on a stove top
- Add a teaspoon of butter then bacon and cook at a low heat for a minute or two.
- Add zucchinni and cook for 8 more mins or less depending on size of Zucchinni cuts or until tender not mushy.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer then it's ready to serve
- Add Dill weed and pour into individual bowls.
- Top with the roasted part of the soup.