Vanilla Banana Ice Cream with Raspberry
To make this Vanilla Ice Cream with Raspberry Sauce you’ll need the following ingredients
2 to 4 Servings
2 ripe bananas, 6 tablespoons coconut cream, 1 or more vanilla bean equivalent of your vanilla choice, 4 tablespoons Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon lemon/lime juice/apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice(optional as bananas are sweet)
1 cup frozen raspberries( you can also use strawberry instead), 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup or any sweetener of choice
Blend all the ice cream ingredients and pour into your ice cream maker. Let it process. With the ice cream maker bowl that I use it takes about 15 minutes to get to soft serve then if I want it a bit harder I put it the ice cream in the freezer for about an hour.
On the stove top, at medium heat, add the frozen berries, olive oil and maple syrup. Leave it come to a slow simmer, occasionally stirring and crushing some of the berries as they thaw and cook up. Take it off the heat if all the raspberries have thawed and cooked and it’s simmering.
You can let the raspberry sauce cool down a bit or serve hot with the ice cream though this will melt the ice cream quicker.
Enjoy your Vanilla Banana Ice Cream with Raspberry
- Ice cream
- 2 bananas
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 or more teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice(optional)
- Raspberry Sauce
- 1 cup or more frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or sweetener of choice(more or less depending on preference)
- Ice Cream
- Blend all the ingredients and process in your ice cream maker or ice cream maker bowl
- Process. If you want the ice cream harder than soft serve you may have to freeze your ice cream for an hour or more, all depending on your ice cream maker
- Raspberry Sauce
- In a pot at medium heat add all the ingredients for the sauce
- Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring and crushing some raspberries.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool a bit before serving