Not only is combining Turmeric with Black pepper in this Turmeric Black Pepper Sweet Potato Sausage tasty it’s also highly beneficial to your health. According to some research findings combining Turmeric with Black pepper is said to improve the body’s absorption of Curcumin the medicinal compound in Turmeric, which has strong anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Piperine the medicinal substance in black pepper is what enables curcumin’s bio availability to the body. You can enjoy this sausage plain, with some mash or even make a hotpot style breakfast with sausage, egg and tomato sauce.
TURMERIC BLACK PEPPER SWEET POTATO SAUSAGE RECIPE
15 Small Sausages
200 g to 250 g grass fed mince, 2 rashers free range pork belly, % tablespoons grated sweet potato, 2 tablespoons grated fresh turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, 4 to 5 chopped garlic cloves, salt and fresh herbs of choice( i used Aussie lemon thyme), 1 egg beaten
Mix all the ingredients and shape into sausages. You can do any size and shape sausage you like.
Bake in the oven at 220 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Enjoy as they are or serve them with a sauce hotpot style.
HOT POT STYLE SAUSAGE AND EGG BREAKFAST IN TOMATO SAUCE
5 to 6 large tomatoes, 1 large onion, boiled eggs, bacon or pork belly rasher, avocado
Sautee onion and tomato for about 5 minutes then transfer to the blender and blend. Add to an oven proof dish and add herbs or black pepper, olive oil or butter. Whatever you like. You can use individual dishes you will serve in or use 1 large one. Put it in the oven while sausages are cooking to continue cooking. If you have no blender or if you feel like just cook your tomato sauce on the stove top till it’s cooked through.
If you’re adding bacon to your breakfast you’ll also need to have it in the oven at the same time as the sausage. For cinnamon honey and herb pork belly, just add a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of honey, herbs and salt. Mix with the sliced pork belly and cook in the oven with the sausages. Boil the eggs.
When everything is cooked add everything to your hot tomato sauce and enjoy your breakfast
Enjoy your Turmeric Black Pepper Sweet Potato Sausages as they are or in a hot pot.
- 200 to 250 grams grass fed mince
- 2 rashers free range pork belly
- 5 tablespoons grated sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons grated turmeric
- ½ a teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 egg beaten
- HOT POT BREAKFAST
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- bacon or free range pork belly seasoned with cinnamon, honey and herbs to your preference
- boiled eggs
- Mix the sausage ingredients and bake in the oven at 220 degrees for about 20 minutes
- BREAKFAST HOT POT
- To make the sauce cook the onions and tomatoes at medium heat for about 5 minutes and transfer to the blender and blend
- Add to an oven dish and put in the oven while sausages are cooking
- Cook the bacon at the same time as the sausages as well in the bacon to a crispiness of your choice
- Boil the eggs
- When it's all done add all your breakfast to your hot sauce
- Add avocado