SWEET POTATO COCONUT BREAD
This Paleo and gluten free sweet potato coconut bread also contains peaches, honey and cinnamon to make a simple and tasty bread recipe. You can also make it dairy free by substituting butter with coconut oil in similar amounts. Before baking the bread you’ll need to make ahead a sweet potato, peach and cinnamon mix or mash up. You can make this and store it in a jar in the fridge for up to about 3 days until you’re ready to use it to bake
To make the Sweet potato, peach, honey, cinnamon bread mix
Diced large sweet potato, 4 diced firm not over ripe peaches, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 2 tablespoons honey(more or less depending on sweetness of fruit and sweet potato)
Boil the sweet potato.
On a pan using a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil, sauteeor cook at a low heat the peaches for about 15 to 20 minutes till they lose crunchiness and they become a bit more tarty in flavor.
Mash the sweet potato in a bit of butter, add peaches, honey and cinnamon and mix it all up.
You can enjoy this fruity sweet potato mash as it is, you can put it in a jar and refrigerate for later use or go on and make some bread.
SWEET POTATO COCONUT BREAD RECIPE
4 tablespoons sweet potato bread/cake mix, 2 tablespoons coconut flour, 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1 to 2 tablespoons raw honey(mix is already sweet so it is up to you), 1/2 a cup coconut milk, 3 eggs, 50g soft butter or coconut oil for dairy free option.
Mix all the ingredients except eggs and coconut milk. beat the egg and add the mix in and mix, add coconut milk and mix it all up very well.
Pour the mix into a lined baking tray. For a smoother less rustic bread finish smooth out the top of the mix with a spatula instead of a fork .
Bake at 220 degrees celcius for 25 to 30 minutes.
When it’s done take the bread out of the baking tin and let it cool.
Cut yourself a healthy slice.
ENJOY YOUR SWEET POTATO COCONUT BREAD
- SWEET POTATO PEACH BREAD/CAKE MIX
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 4 firm peaches cubed
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 a teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 4 tablespoons bread mix
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 or 2 tablespoons honey or less
- 1/2 a cup coconut milk
- 50g butter/coconut oil
- BREAD/ CAKE MIX
- Cook peaches at a low heat in oil of your choice for 15 to 20 minutes
- Boil sweet potatoes and mash them with a bit of butter or coconut oil
- Add peaches, honey and cinnamon and mash it all up
- Store in a jar till you’re ready to use
- Mix all the ingredients except the eggs and coconut milk
- Beat the eggs and add on the bread mix
- Mix it and add the coconut milk
- Mix it all well and pour into a lined baking tray
- Bake at 220 degrees in a pre heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes