This Sweet And Sour Chili Coriander Marinated Chicken Broth is made with a combination of simple ingredients that are really good for you and it’s also really tasty. With this recipe you don’t have to wait to buy a whole carcass of chicken to have broth. It’s a way you can use chicken pieces you have available or bought in small quantities. The soup combines broth from chicken bones, chicken, baked sweet potatoes and plantains as well as honey, apple cider vinegar, coriander and chilli. Simple everyday ingredients.
This Sweet And Sour Chili Coriander Marinated Chicken Broth Recipe
3 or 4 chicken thighs or drumsticks with bones, 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, Coriander bunch with roots and leaves seperated, 1 Chilli, 1 plantain, 1 sweet potato, Butter.
Chicken Bone Broth
It’s best to start with the broth and get it going first and work on all the other parts of the soup while it’s cooking.
Remove bones from the chicken and cut off roots from coriander and bring to a boil in about 1 and a half cup of water. Cook at a low heat for about an hour. Feel free to cook them for longer depending on how you normally cook your bones or which bone cooking theory you go by. Add chilli to your taste towards the end of your broth cooking.
While the bones are cooking prepare the chicken, plantains and sweet potato for baking. Bake these at the same time.
Prepare chicken for baking by placing in a baking dish with coriander leaves and cover or place it in baking paper, Add coriander leaves and fold baking paper so flavours and juices do not escape.
Sweet potato and Plantain
Slice the Sweet potato. Peel with a knife and slice the plantain. Put in a baking paper with butter ready for baking.
Preheat the oven and bake chicken and plantains at medium heat for 20 to 25 mins. You may need to add more time if you’ve cut your chicken and vegetables into chunkier big parts, or less time for thinly cut meat and vegetables. After baking leave the sweet potato and plantain to cool off while you marinate chicken.
SWEET HONEY AND SOUR VINEGAR FLAVOURING MARINATE
Add 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons honey to a bowl. Take off the bones from the stock and pour all the the stock in with the vinegar and honey. Take the baked chicken with coriander off the oven
Add it into the stock with the honey and apple cider vinegar mix. Leave the chicken to soak up the flavours for up to 10 minutes. Too long and the chicken gets cold and it starts to change.
Take it off the stock and get it ready the oven or grill . Top with fresh coriander, chilli if you like, and butter. Grill or bake until it’s browned to your liking.
Strain the broth and put it back on the pot with a bit of water added and simmer at a low heat while the chicken browns.
Add fresh coriander,chilli and butter to the broth
Plate up seperately
Or just add it all in one bowl and soup it all up.
- 3 to 4 chicken thighs or drumsticks with bones
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Coriander bunch with roots
- Chilli to yor taste or skip it
- 1 sweet potato sliced
- 1 plantain peeled and sliced
- Remove bones from the chicken and boil them with the coriander roots for about an hour. Add chilli towards the end of your cooking.
- Remove bones when it’s cooked and add vinegar and honey.
- Bake chicken with coriander leaves covered so flavours and juices don’t escape for 20 mins at medium heat
- Bake the sweet potatoes and plantains at the same time in a sepearate dish or baking paper for 20 mins as well. Leave to cool until serving.
- When chicken is baked transfer to the bowl with the honey and vinegar stock and immerse fro up to 10 mins.
- Take the chicken off, top with coriander, chilli and butter and grill or bake until brown.
- Strain the broth and return to a pot and simmer with a bit of water added till you’re ready to serve.
- Add butter, coriander and chilli if you like.
- Serve in one bowl or seperately