Spicy turmeric cabbage cauliflower rice jambalaya
This Spicy turmeric cabbage cauliflower rice jambalaya recipe comes with a vegetarian option of a Spicy Turmeric Rice and a further cooking option to add on the prawns, chicken and chorizo. It’s low in carbs, with lots of fibre from the vegetables, and it’s tasty too. You can also easily make your own chorizo like sausage with paprika and garlic on a good ground meat base instead of buying a ready made one. You will need to prepare the ingredients before hand as this is a quick cook recipe and you’ll need ingredients ready to go to avoid overcooking.
Spicy turmeric cabbage cauliflower rice jambalaya recipe
Serves 4 to 6
3 cups shredded cauliflower, 2 cups thinly shredded cabbage, 2 large tomatoes, 1 large onion, 3 or 4 cloves garlic, 1 chilli (optional), handful green beans, 1 capsicum/green pepper, 1 diced chicken breast , 100 to 200g prawns, 2 chorizo sausages, 1/2 a teaspoon dried turmeric/1 teaspoon freshly grated
To Make A Chorizo Like Sausage
200g grass fed mince, 4 rashers free range bacon chopped, 4 cloves garlic or more, 3 teaspoons paprika, 2 tablespoons grated sweet potato, salt,2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar(optional),a bit of grated butter or coconut oil if bacon is not fatty.
Mix and shape into sausages or meatballs
Bake at medium heat for about 20 mins. Cool it and slice ready to use in your jambalaya or any other way you choose to.
Fry or bake the chicken pieces and add salt and any other seasoning you like
Chop or dice tomatoes, onion,garlic,capsicum,chilli and green beans
COOKING THE JAMBALAYA
In a large pan or pot using oil of your choice, at medium heat fry the onions until golden brown.
Add garlic, tomatoes, capsicum, chilli, turmeric and green beans and further until tomatoes are cooked through and starts to look like a sauce.
Add cabbage and cauliflower and stir fry for a minute. Add the prawns and let them cook for about a minute. Add chicken and chorizo sausage and let it cook for a further minute or two.
Take it off the heat and cover the pot and let it cool and the flavours infuse for about 5 minutes or more before serving.
Enjoy the Spicy turmeric cabbage cauliflower rice jambalaya
- 3 cups shredded cauliflower
- 3 cups thinly shredded rice
- 1 sliced chicken breast fired or baked and seasoned
- 2 chorizo sausage
- 100 to 200g prawns
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 large onion diced
- handful of green beans chopped
- 1 chilli sliced
- 1 capsicum diced
- CHORIZO SAUSAGE
- 200g grassfed mince
- 4 rashers bacon
- 2 tablespoons grated sweet potato
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar(optional)
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil or a bit of grated butter if bacon is not fatty(optional)
- salt and any seasoning you like
- Mix the sausages and shape into sausage or meatballs
- Bake at medium heat for about 20 mins and let it cool before slicing ready for use
- CAULIFLOWER CABBAGE RICE JAMBALAYA
- Using frying fat of your choice, fry the onions at medium heat until golden brown.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, capsicum, chilli, tumeric and green beans and cook until tomatoes cook through until it looks like a sauce.
- Add cabbage and cauliflower and stir fry for a minute
- Add raw prawns and cook a further minute.
- Add the chicken and chorizo and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Take it off the heat and cover with a lid
- Leave to cool down and the flavours to infuse for a long while before serving