Free range pork belly is a very handy cut of pork to use as fat for cooking up in and flavoring your food at the same time. Crisping up a rasher or two of fatty pork belly in a pan will give you more than enough fat to cook up a whole meal. In this Spicy Chorizo Pork Belly Cooked Beef Mince recipe, pork belly was first fried to release it’s fat and crisp up then beef mince was cooked in the pork fat with the crispy pork belly for flavor. The spices used in this recipe are spices used in making chorizo flavor. To make this simple but tasty meal served with Cauliflower Mash, you’ll need the following,
SPICY CHORIZO PORK BELLY COOKED BEEF MINCE
200g grass fed mince or lean mince, 2 rashers pork belly, 2 Zucchinis, 1 large onion, 3 or 4 large tomatoes, 2 chilies, 1 teaspoon paprika, black pepper, salt.
Dice the pork belly into small pieces then add salt and black pepper to it. Chop the zucchini, onions chili and grate the tomatoes. (Grate tomatoes whole without getting rid of their skin)
COOKING THE SPICY CHORIZO MINCE
You can start off with a little bit of oil added in a pan and heated up a bit then add the bacon or if you have a good non stick pan just add the bacon on the heated pan. Let it cook util it’s crispy brown. Be careful as the fat will spit from time to time during this cooking process.
Once it’s done you can take off most or all of the crispy pork belly to sprinkle over your cooked mince at the end. Trust me crispy pork belly will make your mince even tastier.
Add the mince to the pan and cook until it’s starting to brown. Add onions and let them cook until they have given out their juice and look done.
Add the Zucchini and Chili and let it cook through then add the paprika and mix.
Add tomatoes and let it cook stirring occasionally. Add salt and more black pepper if you like. Tomatoes shouldn’t take long to cook as they are grated and then it’s ready to serve.
SIMPLE HERB & BUTTER CAULIFLOWER MASH TO SERVE
I served this with a simple Herb Cauliflower Mash. Just steam cauliflower and process it to mash. Melt butter and any herb of your choice and mix with mash. I used Parsley.
Sprinkle the crispy bacon that you saved earlier on to your mince
and enjoy with your cauliflower mash.
Spicy, Full of Flavor and Tasty Chorizo Style Mince.
- 200 g or more grass fed mince or lean mince
- 2 rashers pork belly
- 2 zucchini
- 3 or 4 large tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 chilies
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cauliflower mash to serve
- Dice up the pork belly, add salt and black pepper to it.
- Grate tomatoes whole, chop zucchini, onions and slice chili
- To a hot pan with a bit of oil or none if you have a good non stick add pork belly
- Cook it up till it's crispy brown and fat has melted off.
- Take off most or all of the crispy pork and save it for adding to cooked mince at the end.
- Add mince to the pan with the pork belly fat and cook till it's turning a golden brown
- Add onions and cook till wilted turning from time to time.
- Add zucchini and chili and let it cook the add paprika and mix through.
- Add tomatoes,salt and more black pepper if needed.
- Once tomatoes have cooked it's ready to serve
- Add the crispy bacon on mice and serve with a simple cauliflower mash