This energy gelatin bowl is made using chocolate,nuts,gelatin and plantains. Half the plantain is baked,cooled then blended and the other half is just blended in raw form. Plantains are full of nutritional benefits and are a good source of resistant starch.
PLANTAIN NUTTY CHOCOLATE GELATIN ENERGY BOWL
1 whole plantain, 2 tablespoons unflavoured gelatin, 2 tablespoons nut butter of your choice, 4 squares dark chocolate 80% upwards, 1 cup coconut milk diluted with water( half and half more or less, depends on your preference),sweetener of your choice.
Divide the plantain into two parts
Prepare the to be baked part by taking the skin off with a knife. Transfer to baking paper. Add butter and seal within baking paper ready for baking.
Bake in a preheated oven at medium heat for 20 mins
Leave plantain to cool
Another way to bake plantain for smoothies and breakfast bowls is to bake with the skin on.
Wrap whole plantain in baking paper and bake in the oven at medium heat for 30 to 35 mins. Cool and Peel off skin then it’s ready to use.
RAW PLANTAIN HALF
Remove skin with a knife and chop up ready for the blender
In half a cup of pre boiled water dissolve gelatin. Transfer to the blender and add chocolate so it softens in the warm water. Add the rest of the ingredients.
Pour into serving dishes and refrigerate overnight.
Have it as it is
Top with a squeeze of orange juice, coconut milk, good nuts of your choice,honey or anything drizzly and a good sprinkling of grated chocolate.
ENJOY THE PLANTAIN NUTTY CHOCOLATE GELATIN ENERGY BOWL
SEE MORE GELATIN BOWLS HERE
- 1 whole plantain
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons nut butter of choice
- 1 cup coconut milk diluted with water half and half
- 4 squares dark chocolate
- Sweetener of choice
- cut in half, peel off skin from both and bake one half in the oven with butter added for about 20 mins and chop the raw half ready to blend
- Let it cool off.
- Dissolve in half a cup of pre boiled water and add to the blender with the chocolate so it melts
- BLEND all ingredients
- Pour into serving bowls and leave to set overnight
- Top with nuts,chocolate,coconut milk, honey or anything you like within your diet protocol