This Peach Upside Down Coconut Cake Slice is Paleo, Gluten Free and baked with Coconut Flour. It’s also made with honey that has been flavored with Vanilla and Orange Juice.
To make this Peach Upside Down Coconut Cake Slice you’ll need to make the Orange Vanilla Honey first. Besides their good flavour Vanilla beans contain essential oils, among other things. These essential oils are said to be anti inflammatory, to boost brain perfomance, anti depressent and also calming. Be aware though that some of these benefits will be changed by the cooking process. Find ways to have it raw like in the blended orange vanilla honey and then also cook with it. The smell of baking with vanilla will, I’m sure come with it’s own benefits.
To Make Orange Vanilla Flavoured Honey
This will make you enough honey to fill a jar and use quite a few times
1 orange, 1 lime or lemon, 2 vanilla beans, 8 to 10 tablespoons raw honey
Squeeze juice of 1 orange and lime or lemon and blend with 2 vanilla beans. Blend to your desired level of chunkiness or smoothness you want your vanilla bean to be.
When it’s done pour into a container and add 8 to 10 tablespoons raw honey. Mix and store in a jar and refrigerate ready to use in your drink blends, pour over deserts and in baking of course.
Store in a jar and refrigerate to use in baking, drinks and deserts
PEACH UPSIDE DOWN COCONUT CAKE SLICE RECIPE
3 or 4 large firm peaches sliced for cake base, 2 large grated peaches for cake mix, 4 tablespoons orange vanilla honey, 2 tablespoons coconut flour, 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, 1/2 a teaspoon baking soda, 3 eggs, 1/2 a cup coconut milk, 50g butter or coconut oil.
Coat the peach slices with a bit of the vanilla honey and layer them on a lined baking tray with a bit of honey spread on it
Bake these in a preheated oven at 220 degrees for about 15 minutes
While peaches are baking mix all the cake mix ingredients except milk and eggs
Seperate the egg yolks and whites, Beat the egg whites and add cake mix, Mix and add the yolks and coconut milk
Mix and feel free to swirl some more orange vanilla honey through your cake mix if you like,
Cool the peaches for a bit after baking and add the cake mix, with more orange vanilla honey topping before baking.
Bake the cake at 220 degrees in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes
As soon as it is done take it off the baking tin and cool it upside down
Enjoy it which ever side you prefer to have up
ENJOY YOUR PEACH UPSIDE DOWN COCONUT CAKE SLICE
- VANILLA HONEY
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 lime or lemon juiced
- 2 vanilla beans
- 8 to 10 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 firm peaches sliced for base
- 2 peaches grated for cake mix
- 4 tablespoons vanilla honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 50g butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 a cup coconut milk
- VANILLA HONEY
- Blend the beans and juice to your desired level of chunkiness
- Transfer to a container and mix with honey
- Refrigerate ready for use
- Line the baking tray, add a bit of vanilla honey to the tray base and peach slices
- Layer the peaches on the baking tray and bake at 220 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes
- Mix all the cake ingredients except eggs and coconut milk
- Seperate egg yolks and whites
- Beat egg white and add cake mix and mix
- Add egg yolks and coconut milk, mix
- Swil through the mix some more vanilla honey
- After the baked peaches have cooled a bit add the cake mixture
- Bake at 220 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes
- When it is done take the cake off the tin and cool it upside down