These Garlic and Coriander mini bread rolls are ideal in soups. They are quick and easy to make. They are made with coconut flour and Zucchini and are just the right size to be added to your favorite soup whole, to soak up the flavors. In this recipe they were served with a Basil Meatball Tomato Soup. They are just the right size and garlicky taste to blend in, add flavor or just go with most flavors in your favorite soup, bone broth or stews. To make these you will need the following.
PALEO BREAD ROLL AND MEATBALL TOMATO SOUP
100g butter melted, 4 to 5 garlic cloves crushed, 1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander chopped(substitute herb to preference), 3 tablespoons coconut flour, 1 small zucchini grated, 100 ml coconut milk, 3 eggs, 1/4 spoon baking soda,a bit of salt to season
Mix all the ingredients except the eggs and coconut milk. Beat the eggs and add the mixed ingredients in. Mix and add the coconut milk in to get a thick dough mix.
Roll into bread roll balls. Bake in a lined baking tray in a preheated oven, at 220 degrees for about 15 to 20 mins.
When they are done, cool them and they’re ready to go into your soup or stew.
They go down very well with this Basil Tomato Soup.
TO MAKE THE SOUP
200 g mince of choice, basil, 2 tablespoons grated sweet potato, salt
Roll the prepared ingredients into meatballs and bake in the oven with the bread rolls for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3 or more large tomatoes, Onions, 1 cup broth of choice or 5 tablespoons gelatin, other vegetables of choice( I used Zucchini)
In a pot or pan and in fat of your choice fry the onion until it starts to brown. Add tomatoes and cook until they are cooked to a sauce.
Add other vegetables and your broth. If using gelatin add half a cup of water on top. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are cooked and the soup is thick to a consistency you like. Season with salt and whatever you like
Add the baked meatballs and bread rolls to your soup and enjoy.
A Tasty Healthy Soup Meal for Bread and Meat Lovers
- BREAD ROLLS
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 small grated zucchini
- 100g butter(you can use coconut oil)
- About 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander(substitute to preferred herb)
- 100ml coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- a bit of salt(optional)
- 200 g mince of choice
- 2 tablespoons grated sweet potato
- Chopped basil
- 3 or more large tomatoes
- 1 cup or more broth of choice or 4 to 5 tablespoons gelatin
- Any other vegetables you like
- Mix all the ingredients except eggs and coconut milk
- Beat the eggs and add bread mix
- Mix and add coconut milk to a thick dough
- Roll into small balls
- Bake at 220 degrees in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes
- When done cool and serve in your favourite soup or stew
- Roll the meat ball mix and bake in the oven together with the bread rolls for 15 to 20 mins
- Fry the onions until brown
- Add the tomatoes and cook them through
- Add the chicken stock and other vegetables, if using gelatin top with about half a cup of water depending on your vegetable anount.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are cooked through and are happy with soup thickness
- Enjoy with the meatballs and bread in one bowl