This post will discuss Making turmeric grass fed gelatin cubes from bones. Setting your gelatin with the turmeric will ensure you have stock or broth with turmeric handy in frozen cubes to put in your soups and curries.
This recipe combines Turmeric with it’s multitude health benefits and Gelatinous Beef Broth from grass fed bones, which also offers a host of benefits to make freezable stock cubes. This will ensure you always have on hand, ready to use, these two super ingredients with the potential to optimize your health on hand to use in your soups, stews and what ever else you’re making. This recipe starts off with the process of making broth from grass fed bones.
MAKING TURMERIC GRASS FED GELATIN CUBES
Grass fed knuckle bones, Turmeric, any other herbs you have, i had coriander root which needs to be well washed before use.
Cook the bones using your preferred method of making gelatin. I just top the bones with water and cook on a stove top for 6 to 8 hours. The less the broth reduction at the end of cooking the thicker the gelatin will be.
After cooking remove the bones and add turmeric and whatever herbs you’ll be using and cook for about 2 to 3 mins.
Take it off the heat and let it cool down and use a blender to vitamize the mix. Pour into a container and refrigerate until it sets. Cut into cubes and keep in the freezer for later use.
Using The Gelatin Broth Cubes in Soups
Chicken and Vegetable Turmeric Soup
To make this Soup I used ingredients that I had in the fridge. I had chicken, root vegetables and kale stalks. Use whatever you have.
I cooked the chicken seperately, sauteed the kale stalks, added the cubes and water and the rest of the vegetables then the chicken. Let it simmer and serve.
I had this Soup with some Paleo Coconut Bread rolls. Visit the Biohacker Bread Recipes here for the recipe
Tasty soup which goes well with bread rolls to make a meal
It’s no hardship healing and optimising health with food this way
- TURMERIC BROTH STOCK CUBES
- Knuckle bones from grass fed animals
- Turmeric washed and sliced
- Any other herbs of your choice
- TURMERIC SOUP
- Any vegetables you have
- Any meat(optional)
- Cook bones using your recipe for making gelatin or just boil bones on a stove top for 6 to 8 hours
- Remove bones and add turmeric and herbs
- Cook for up to 3 minutes and put aside to cool
- Blend, pour into a container and refrigerate
- Once set cut into cubes and freeze for later use.
- You can cook the meat seperately.
- Sautee the vegetables, add the cubes, water and meat.
- Put a lid on it and let it simmer till the vegetables are cooked through.