This soup is a very low budget meal because it mainly uses ingredients that some would unknowingly consider fit for the rubbish bin. Chicken carcass or frames, from well raised chickens of course, come with a lot of nutritional benefits from being full of minerals to being good for connective tissue health. The soup also used kale stalks, which some people would throw away as inedible. It’s an economical soup with numerous benefits. The bones are roasted with lemon flavor for the taste.
LEMON ROASTED BROTH CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
1/2 a kg or more Chicken carcass/ frames/ bones, 1 or 2 lemons, bunch of kale stalks, 2 or more carrots
Wash your bones and squeeze lemon juice onto them and add salt
You can leave them to marinate for a while or just go on and bake them in the oven for about 35 mins at medium heat until they brown.
Chop up the kale and carrots
In a pot, at low heat, in fat of your choice sautee carrots and kale. After 5 mins add the baked bones and top with 3 to 4 cups of water. Cover and cook at a low heat for about 3 hours. You can cook for longer until the broth has reduced to a level and taste you like.
Remove the bones or drain broth and serve
Serve broth with fresh chopped herbs
ENJOY YOUR LEMON ROASTED BROTH CHICKEN SOUP
- 1/2 a kg or more chicken bones
- 1 or 2 lemos
- bunch kale stalks chopped
- 2 or more carrots chopped
- Squeeze lemon juice on to the chicken bones, you can leave to marinate if you like
- Bake the chicken bones at medium heat for about 35 mins or till they a brown
- In a pot, using fat of your choice sautee carrots and kale stalks for about 5 mins
- Add the baked bones and top with 3 to 4 cups water
- Cook for 3 hours or more at low heat
- Remove bones or drain broth and serve
- Serve with baked chicken and sweet potato