This ketchup fresh tomato sauce has a similar taste to ketchup with added benefits of raw honey, apple cider vinegar with fresh tomatoes and onion. It’s easy to make fresh in a few minutes or you can double the ingredients and make a bit more to store in a jar ready to use.
KETCHUP FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
2 tomatoes grated, 1/2 or 1 full onion grated, 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon raw honey,1/8 teaspoon good salt of choice to start with, black pepper
In cooking fat or oil of your choice at medium heat add the onions together with their juices released from grating them and fry for about 4 to 5 minutes or until all the moisture is gone. Add the grated tomato and let it cook for a further 5 minutes. Take it off the heat. Add apple cider vinegar, honey, pepper and salt. Mix and taste. Add more salt in small increaments if needed to bring balance to the vinegar, sweetness of honey and saltiness to make your desired ketchup flavour.
When it’s done pour into serving dishes ready to use.
You can enjoy with chips, meat dishes or whatever you feel like. Find this burger recipe in the meat recipes page.
Enjoy this ketchup fresh tomato sauce, it comes with health benefits.
- 2 grated tomatoes
- ½ or 1 grated onion
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ⅛ teaspoon salt to start
- black pepper
- In cooking oil of choice fry the onions at medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Take off the heat,add vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and mix
- Taste and add salt in small increaments to your desired taste
- Enjoy with chips, burgers or anything you like