KAFFIR LIME CARROT SOUP
This carrot soup combines the flavors of carrot with kaffir lime to give it a zesty flavor as well as some bone broth.
KAFFIR LIME CARROT SOUP RECIPE
4 Carrots, 2 Kaffir lime leaves, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, olive oil, butter, 1 cup broth, a good salt.
Grate one carrot, slice some lime leaves on,add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 3 tablespoons vinegar. Place in the fridge ready for serving. Grated Carrot for topping the Carrot soup.
Slice the rest of the carrots. Transfer about a quarter of the portion onto baking paper.
Season with salt and top with a bit of butter if you like
Twist so it bakes covered. Bake in a preheated oven at medium heat for about 15 minutes
On the stove top at low heat add a bit of butter to a pot, add carrots and kaffir lime leaves. These will work beautifully to give the soup that lemony limey flavour. Cook for about 5 mins the add the broth. Bring to a simmer then take it off the stove. Cool it a bit before blending, taking into consideration the temperament of your blender. Safety before food. Blend. Taste and season with salt if you have to. All 3 parts of the Soup have to be tasty before combining to produce something even more tastier.
Serve into individual bowls. Top with baked carrots which should come out of the oven looking like these below.
Don’t forget these in the fridge to stack up the soup
Enjoy your bowl of Carrot soup
- 4 carrots
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup bone broth or any of your choice
- Grate one carrot and slice a bit of the kaffir lime leaves.
- Add olive oil and vinegar and put in the fridge.
- Slice the rest of the carrots
- Put a quarter in baking paper, season with salt and add a bit of butter
- Twist paper to seal in contents and bake at medium heat for 15 mins
- On a stove top at low heat add butter then carrots to a pot and cook for about 5 mins
- Add broth and bring to a simmer and take off the stove
- Cool it down a bit then blend. Taste ans season.
- Serve in individual bowls.
- Top with baked part of the soup and then the raw.