These Ginger Basil Chicken Tenders Pumpkin Lettuce Wraps make a nice entree or just a tasty salad. The chicken strips cut from the thigh fillet are coated with turmeric, ginger and basil then baked. The pumpkin slices are drizzled with a bit of honey and salt then baked covered. Combine the honeyed pumpkin with the tender ginger herby chicken and an avocado all wrapped in a lettuce leaf, for a tasty entree you could even have as a main meal.
Ginger Basil Chicken Tenders Pumpkin Lettuce Wraps
Servings 4 to 6
4 chicken thigh fillets cut into strips(you can use chicken tenders), 2 tablespoons semi dried or dried basil, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 to 2 teaspoons ginger, salt, 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Mix all the ingredients with the chicken strips very well and bake in a preheated oven at 220 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes
1/4 Pumpkin cut into slices, 1 tablespoon honey, salt
Drizzle the honey on the pumpkin and add salt.
Cover the tray with foil and bake covered in a preheated oven at 220 degrees for about 20 minutes. Bake the pumpkin and chicken at the same time.
Cos baby lettuce(or any of choice), Cucumber (i used the Lebanese cucumber for it’s full cucumber flavor), Avocados, Any other salad vegetable you feel like.
Slice up your vegetables and start laying up your lettuce wraps
Stack them up with the cucumber, pumpkin, avocado chicken and anything else you feel like.
Enjoy Ginger Basil Chicken Tenders Pumpkin Lettuce Wraps.
- 4 thigh fillets cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons semi dried or dried basil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- HONEY PUMPKIN
- ¼ a pumpkin sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- LETTUCE WRAPS
- Cos baby lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- Mix the basil, ginger, turmeric, salt and coconut oil with the chicken and coat it very well
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes
- Drizzle the pumpkin slices with honey and add salt
- Bake covered in foil at the same time as the chicken for about 20 minutes
- LETTUCE WRAPS
- Slice the cucumber and avocado
- Stack your wrap ingredients on individual lettuce leaves
- Fold up and enjoy