Coconut Flour Turmeric Crusted Chicken
Paleo, Keto, AIP and Low Carb Ctested Chicken Recipe
This easy Coconut Flour Turmeric Crusted Chicken is tender because the chicken has been placed in a brine before cooking it. After brining the chicken is dipped in coconut milk from a can, then into the coconut flour mix, fried until it goes golden brown. The chicken is then transferred to a baking tray to finish cooking in the oven with some vegetables of your choice, based on your diet or goals.
The Coconut flour in this recipe is seasoned with turmeric, curry powder and some mixed herbs. Make sure the herbs and curry powder you use are compliant with your diet. If you’re on the AIP diet you can make your own curry powder and mixed herbs. If you’re baking sweet potatoes or plain potatoes with your chicken ensure that they are chopped into small pieces that will cook in about 20 minutes. You can easily double the ingredients in this recipe for more servings.
Coconut Flour Turmeric Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 2 or more chicken drumsticks or other part of your choice
- Half a cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Half a teaspoon curry powder of your choice
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt for seasoning flour ( adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon salt for brine
- 2 cups water for brine
- A quarter cup frying oil of your choice
- Chopped Sweet potatoes / Potatoes or other vegetables of your choice
- Mix 2 cups water and 1 tablespoon of salt in a bowl or container and stir well.
- Add the chicken pieces to the brine mix and place the container in the fridge covered for 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, drain the chicken off the brine mix and pat it dry.
- Place the chicken back in the dry bowl and add coconut milk all over the chicken, ensuring it’s all covered.
- Leave the chicken sit in the milk and season the coconut flour with turmeric, curry powder, mixed herbs and salt.
- Mix very well and then lift the chicken off the milk and onto the flour mix, rolling it all round so the chicken is coated very well, pressing the flour onto the chicken.
- Heat up your cooking oil in a pot at medium heat.
- When the oil is hot fry the chicken pieces until they are golden brown all round for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken has browned, take the pot off the heat and transfer the chicken to a baking tray.
- The remaining cooking oil will be yellow, flavored with turmeric, curry, herbs with some bits of coconut and good for tossing your vegetables.
- Toss in all your vegetables into the pot so they are coated with the oil and seasoning, then transfer them to the baking tray as well.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celcius for about 20 minutes or until your chicken and vegetables are done.
Enjoy your Coconut Flour Turmeric Crusted Chicken with some vegetables of your choice.