Chili Lime Roast Bone Marrow
To make this Paleo Chili Lime Roast Bone Marrow which is full of flavor and good for you, choose bones from grass fed animals. Spicing up your bone marrow will not only ensure you get the enhanced health benefits of which ever herb or spice you use, it will make your bone marrow even more tasty. In this recipe himalayan salt, lime and chili with a bit of tomato sauce have been used to add on flavor to these bones, by marinating the bones for about 30 minutes. These marrow bones have been served with sweet potato slices for a tasty quick, healthy meal.
Chili Lime Roast Bone Marrow Recipe
Bone marrow bones, 1 or 2 limes, chili (quantity up to you), 1 tomato, 1/4 teaspoon good salt
Chili, Salt and Lime Mix
Grate the skin off the lime, slice up the chili. Add grated lime, salt and sliced chili to pestle and start grinding till it’s pulpy. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime and mix with chili, lime and salt mix
Place bones on a bowl and pour the mix over the bones and leave it sit for about 30 minutes to soak the flavors.
Transfer to a baking tray and bake at 220 degrees celcius for about 20 minutes.
While the bones are roasting, grate the tomato and cook it in butter on a pan at a low heat for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Adding tomato sauce will tone down chili and lime a bit.
Pour and mix in the tomato sauce before serving.
Serve with sweet potato, your favorite bread, cauliflower rice, resistant starch rice, anything you fancy really which can soak up the saucy marrow.
Boiled Sweet potato slices topped with marrow, chili, lime and tomato sauce work very well here.
A very tasty way to boost your immunity with these Chili Lime Roast Bone Marrow
- bone marrow bones
- 1 or 2 limes
- 1 or more chili sliced
- 1 tomato grated
- 1/4 teaspoon good salt of choice
- Grate or zest the skin off the lime or limes and mix it with the chili and salt in a pestle and mortar
- Grind until it becomes pulpy and the add the juice of 1 lime
- Pour mix over the bones on a baking tray
- Bake at 220 degrees for about 20 minutes
- While the bones are baking grate the tomato
- Cook grated tomatoes on a pan at medium heat in a bit of butter for about 3 to 5 minutes
- When the bones are cooked mix in the tomato sauce and serve
- Serve with sweet potato or any side dish of your choice