If you have a healthy and good for you Pre made Curry Sauce Base, making a Curry can become a quick and easy meal. All you need to do is make ahead in bulk, and freeze your curry sauces. This chicken curry has been made using the Apricot Ginger Curry Sauce Base which is nightshade free. It contains ingredients that are good for you, like Turmeric and Ginger. The Full Apricot Ginger Curry Sauce Base recipe is here, with another tasty baked curry meal. In this recipe post I’ll give you a condensed version of the recipe at the end of the post.
To make this Chicken Sweet Potato Lemon Grass Curry served with Bok Choy Coriander Cauliflower Rice you’ll need the following ingredients
4 to 6
Chicken Sweet Potato Lemongrass Curry
200g to 300g diced chicken, 3 to 4 lemon grass stems or lemongrass paste equivalent a bit of any other fresh herbs of choice(optional), 1 large diced sweet potato, 1 large sliced zucchini, 1/2(half) or just a bit more tablespoon honey or sweetener of choice, 4 to 6 tablespoons coconut milk, 6 heaped tablespoons curry sauce, 1 cup water (add more if needed), salt, 1/2(half) a teaspoon ginger powder (optional for extra heat)
In oil of choice fry the chicken pieces until they turn brown.
Add the herbs and lemon grass, then the sweet potatoes. Fry for about a minute then add the curry sauce, honey and water and cover. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
Once the potatoes are cooked and the sauce is reduced to your preferred level, add the zucchini. Let it cook for about a minute. Add coconut milk and season with salt.
Tweak to your liking by adding more ginger for heat, turmeric for color, honey for sweetness, black pepper as it improves turmeric’s bio availability to the body, paprika for reddish color or coconut milk for creaminess. Mind the nightshades and food not in your protocol. It’s your curry your way. Or just stick to the basic recipe to keep it nightshade free.
Let it cook a further minute or two and turn off the heat. Leave it sit covered for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving, while you make your Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower Rice with Bok Choy and Coriander
4 to 6
1/2 a large head Riced Cauliflower, Small Bunch Bok Choy sliced, Small Bunch Sliced Coriander, 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking fat of choice, salt
Stir fry the bok choy and coriander for about 1 to 2 minutes in oil of your choice. Add the cauliflower and continue stir frying. In about 3 minutes it should be ready depending on how cooked you like your cauliflower rice. Add salt and any other seasoning you like.
Serve with your Chicken Curry
Enjoy your Chicken Sweet Potato Lemongrass Curry
Short Version Of Curry Recipe
2 cups grated ginger, 1 and 1/2 cups dried apricots,soaked and diced, 2 diced apples, 5 tablespoons grated turmeric, 1 grated orange skin and its juice
In oil of your choice add the ginger first and fry at a low heat for about 2 minutes. Add the apples and cook till they start to lose crispness. Add apricots, turmeric and grated orange. Keep stirring. Add orange juice and 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Cover and let it cook and reduce to a thick consistency. Let it cool and keep some in a jar for about a week if you intend to use it or just freeze it till you need it. About 6 tablespoons is enough for a large curry meal or freeze in even smaller portions and use double frozen portions if needed.
- 200 to 300 g diced chicken
- 6 tablespoons curry sauce
- 3 to 4 stems lemongrass/paste equivalent
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- half or a bit more tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat of choice
- 1/2 a teaspoon ground ginger(optional)
- 1 cup water
- Cauliflower Rice
- Small bunch bok choy
- Small bunch coriander
- 1/2 a head riced cauliflower
- Stir fry the chicken in oil of choice until it starts to turn brown
- Add lemon grass and sweet potato and keep stir frying
- Add other herbs if you’re adding any
- Add honey, sauce and water.
- Cover and let it cook for about 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Add the zucchini and let it cook for a minute
- Add salt and coconut milk
- Bring to a simmer, taste and tweak to your liking
- Take off the heat and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving
- Cauliflower Rice
- Stir fry the bok choy and coriander
- After a minute add the cauliflower
- Add salt and continue to stir fry
- In about 3 minutes it should be ready depending on how well done you like your cauliflower rice