If you want to enjoy the benefits of flavor intense dark chocolate with high cocoa percentages you can do your own toppings. You can choose your own combinations. For the vanilla nut, I topped 70% dark chocolate with raw macadamia nut butter with vanilla up top. You can use a nut butter of your choice or better still nuts drizzled with vanilla.
You can also take it further and treat yourself to some chocolate infused with a vanilla nutty flavour, with a hint of the anti aging wellness gelatin treat, in coconut milk. You won’t even taste the gelatin but will enjoy its silky smooth taste in the chocolate drink.
Enjoy this as research findings state that dark chocolate may improve brain function, almonds have been linked to raised intellect, vanilla powers the brain, coconut supports the brain and top it all with gelatin as a bonus to keep all that connective tissue healthy.
- 4 squares 90% dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon almond nut butter or any nut butter
- Vanilla- to your taste
- 1 tablespoon gelatin-or more
- Half a cup coconut milk
- Half a cup water
- Good sweetener of choice
- Blend all ingredients for about 30 seconds.
- Let it rest for a few seconds and blend again.
- Rest it for a few minutes and it becomes a bit more thick.
- Tweak it till you like it.
- Add more chocolate, nuts, sweetener, gelatin or vanilla if you feel you need to.
- Serve and enjoy.