This salad combines roast vegetables and some raw vegetables infused with ginger and orange. This kind of salad is worth the time and effort you put in in preparing the ingredients as the result will be tasty. Making salads like this, with a combination of tasty vegetables makes a salad that requires not much dressing up. Salt, olive oil and lemon or lime will be all you need to enhance the good flavors.
200 to 250 g grass fed mince, 5 tablespoons grated radishes, 1 large onion browned
mix of crunchy salad leaves with kale, carrots,cabbage, beetroot , cucumber, pumpkin/butternut, avocado, orange and lime/lemon, 1 tablespoon grated ginger, salt, a bit of fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon/lime /vinegar of choice and anything else you like
CARAMELIZED ONION RADISH MEATBALLS WARM SALAD RECIPE
To brown the onion chop it up. Heat the oil in a pan(coconut oil works well). When the oil is hot add the onion, reduce the heat to low and let it cook till it starts to turn brown. Take it off the heat and let them cool down before starting the meatballs.
Grate the radish
Mix the radish, browned onion, mince and shape into sausages. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 220 degrees.
Cut these into cubes and add a bit of oil, salt and fresh herbs of choice. Bake in the oven at the same time as the meatballs or until they are done
Leafy Salad Mix
Grate the ginger, squeeze lemon and lime and mix. Let it sit for a minute or so and then get most of the ginger out squeezing out the juice. If you leave a lot of ginger bits your salad may be too spicy from the ginger. Add salad mix to the gingered orange and leave it soak for about 2 minutes. Drain it from the excess juice.
Plate up your salad anyway you like
You can mix it all up, add olive oil, avocados and lemon/lime or vinegar.
Add your meatballs and enjoy your salad.
- 200 to 250 g grass fed mince
- 4 tablespoons grated radish
- 1 large onion browned
- 2 large beetroot
- ¼ small pumpkin/butternut
- Crunchy leafy salad mix that includes kale. cabbage and carrots
- 1 or 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 orange and lime/lemon
- A bit of fresh herbs of choice
- Olive oil, lemon/lime/vinegar for dressing
- To brown the onion, chop it up, heat the oil and fry the onion at low heat till it turns golden brown
- Let it cool down before mixing with grated radish and mince to form meatballs
- Bake in the oven at 220 degrees for about 20 minutes
- Chop up the beetroot and pumpkin, add a bit of oil, fresh herbs and cook with the sausages till it's done
- Grate the ginger into add into a bowl with squeezed orange and lime juice.
- Let it sit for a minute then take out the ginger and squeeze the juices out of it
- Add the leafy greens in the gingered juice and let them sit for a minute or two
- Drain them out and plate your salad whichever way you like.
- Mix it, add olive oil, salt, lemon/lime/vinegar and enjoy while hot