This Nutrient Dense Veggie full Paleo Cabbage Coconut Milk Soup combines cauliflower, spicy chicken wings with cabbage and coconut milk to make a spicy and creamy soup that is full of flavor.
CABBAGE COCONUT MILK SOUP RECIPE
4 to 6 Servings
3 to 4 cups shredded cauliflower, 3 to 4 cups shredded cabbage, 1 capsicum or half of each color, Chili to your taste, 1 cup coconut milk, lemongrass, 2 large tomatoes, 1 tablespoon paprika, about 6 cloves garlic, 6 or more chicken wings, 1 cup broth of your choice.
TO PREPARE SPICY CHICKEN WING MARINATE
You’ll need half a chilli or more, half a teaspoon salt, 4 cloves garlic, 20 or so peppercorns
Use a pestle and mortar to grind the ingredients into a paste. Add olive oil at the end and marinate the chicken for up to an hour or more if you like.
It’s up to you whether you fry, bake or grill the chicken wings ready for the soup.
Chop up all the vegetables. Using oil of your choice fry the capsicum first, add garlic and chilli and stir fry, then lemongrass and tomatoes. Let it cook down till all the wateriness from the tomato has gone.
Add cauliflower, cabbage and paprika and keep stir frying. Add more oil if needed. Add stock, cover and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Add coconut milk and let it simmer gently for a minute or so. Take it off the heat, add chicken wings and let it sit for a while before serving.
- FOR THE SOUP
- 3 to 4 cups shredded cauliflower
- 3 to 4 cups sliced cabbage
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 capsicum
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 or more chillies
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Spicy chicken wings
- lemon grass(optional)
- SPICY WINGS MARINATE
- ½ a teaspoon salt
- 20 peppercorns
- 1 or more chillies
- 4 or more cloves garlic
- 1 or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Spicy wings
- Grind peppercorns, chilli,salt and garlic in a pestle and mortar
- When it becomes pasty add olive oil and marinate the chicken for up to an hour or more
- Fry, grill or bake chicken wings ready for the soup
- At medium heat using fat or oil of your choice stir fry the capsicum first, then add the garlic, chilli, lemon grass and tomatoes
- Let this cook down till the water is gone, then add cauliflower, cabbage and paprika.
- Stir fry and add more oil if needed.
- Add stock, cover and bring to a simmer,lower the heat and let it gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and let it simmer gently for about a minute or two.
- Take it off the heat, add cooked chicken wings, cover and let it sit for a while before serving.