This Butternut Sweet Potato Spinach Chunky Mash is a rough mash up of all these vegetables, with a bit of coconut milk and butter or olive oil. To make this mash you’ll need, Half a small butternut squash, 1 sweet potato, a cup spinach, coconut milk and broth.
These ingredients are to be cooked separately and mixed before serving. Cooking mash ingredients separately ensures individual flavors are not lost through being boiled together. They keep individual flavors within their chunky bits and get mashed when you eat and give out distinct and enjoyable flavors.
- sweet potato- cubed
- Coconut milk-4 tablespoons
- Butter/Olive oil
- Wash and boil butternut with its shell
- Cook sweet potato in broth.
- Cook spinach with a little bit of water at medium heat for about 3 minutes then drain out the water and add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Scoop out butternut insides to a separate container, add sweet potato and spinach and mash lightly
- Add salt and a good butter or olive oil
- Add a bit more coconut milk if mash too thick to your preferred consistency.
- Serve in butternut shell. Share and enjoy.