This black pepper bone marrow cauliflower rice with butternut is all baked in one dish to make one tasty meal for those that enjoy bone marrow. Combining the flavors of butter, garlic, black pepper, salt and bone marrow ensure lots of flavor in this meal. Baking in one dish ensures the flavors from the bones infuse down to the cauliflower at the bottom of the dish, making a tasty flavor filled cauliflower rice. Baking the whole meal in one dish also ensures less washing up. Skip the butternut to make this lower in carbohydrates.
Because everything has to cook just right at the same time, ensure the butternut is chopped into very small pieces otherwise it won’t cook through and adding more cooking time could make cauliflower get soggy with over cooking. To make this dish you’ll need the following ingredients.
2 to 4 Servings
Marrow bones, 4 cups or more riced cauliflower, 1 cup or more very small cubes butternut or pumpkin, 6 cloves garlic(more or less depending on taste preference for garlic), 1/2 a teaspoon black pepper(adjust quantity to preference), 1 tablespoon butter or more, 1 chopped green or red pepper/capsicum,salt
BLACK PEPPER GARLIC BUTTER
Let the butter sit out at room temperature so it’s soft. Chop up the garlic (make it finer if you like) and mix all the ingredients. Use half the garlic black pepper butter to spread over the top over your bones
Grease the bottom of your baking dish, add capsicums then the cauliflower, add salt and a bit of butter. Coat the butternut with a bit of oil before layering over the cauliflower. Place the bones on top garlic butter side up without pressing down firmly to allow the heat to cook through evenly. Add a bit more salt over the whole dish.
Bake at 220 degrees for about 20 minutes till the garlic just turns a golden brown. Take the dish out and quickly turn over the bones so it cooks further with no worry of charred garlic.
Bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes depending on how small you chopped your butternut as the bigger they are the longer they take to cook which won’t be good for the cauliflower as it may overcook.
When it’s all done take it off the oven, put the bones aside and mix the vegetables through.
ENJOY THE BLACK PEPPER BONE MARROW CAULIFLOWER RICE.
- Marrow bones
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup butternut or pumpkin diced into small pieces and oiled a bit
- 1 capsicum diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 a teaspoon or more black pepper
- Chop up the garlic and combine with black pepper and butter and mix .
- Spread half of it over the bones
- Lightly grease the baking dish and add capsicums then cauliflower
- Add a bit of salt and the butter over the cauliflower
- Add the butternut then place the bones garlic side up over the bones lightly without pressing down to allow the heat cook through
- Bake at 220 degrees in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, then turn the bones over and bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until butternut is cooked depending on how big it was diced.
- When it’s done put bones aside, mix the veges and serve.