This Baby Zucchini Flower Red Pepper Soup combines different textures of the same ingredients cooked in two different methods to end up in one bowl of flavour full soup. Zucchini flowers and the squash are said to contain the same health benefits, so if you don’t have the flowers and have the squash you can still make this soup. The flowers will just have a different texture and just a different way to have zucchini.
BABY ZUCCHINI FLOWERS RED PEPPER SOUP RECIPE
To make this for two large serves you’ll need,
4 to 6 Zuchinnis with flowers, 1 zucchini, 2 large peppers( more if you get baby ones), 1 cup broth, I used bone broth and Thyme herb
Grate 1 zucchinni, Chop up the rest of vegetables and herbs. You can leave the flowers intact.
Transfer half of everything on to a baking paper, ready for baking
Season with salt and top with butter. Twist baking paper so it steam bakes. Bake at medium heat in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes, while cooking the rest of the vegetables on the stove top.
To Cook The Rest of the Vegetables
At a low temperature, melt half a tablespoon of butter. Add the vegetables and cook them for about 10 mins or until tender.
Add broth or stock. Bring to a simmer. Taste and season ready to serve. Serve into individual bowls and top with baked vegetables which should come out of the oven looking like these below or better.
- 1 Zuchinni
- 4 to 6 baby zucchini with flowers
- 2 large red peppers
- 3 Thyme sprigs
- 1 cup broth or stock
- Salt to season
- Grate 1 Zuchinni
- Chop the rest of the vegetables and herbs
- Divide all the vegetables into 2 almost equal parts
- Put half in baking paper, top with a bit of butter and salt.
- Knot baking paper at the top and bake in a pre heated oven at medium heat for about 20 mins.
- Cook the rest of the vegetables on a stove top at a low heat.
- Melt about half a tablespoon of butter in a pot and add vegetables.
- Cook for about 10 mins or until tender.
- Add broth or stock and bring to a simmer.
- Taste and season with salt if you need to.
- Serve into individual bowls and top with baked half of the soup