Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream In Lemon Sauce
This Paleo and AIP Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream in Lemon Sauce combines flavors of pears, lemons, olive oil, cinnamon and banana to make a tasty ice cream. The fruit is by first sauteed, to cook it up a bit so it’s not too crunchy in the ice cream and has a more intense flavor from being cooked and reduced.
To make this Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream In Lemon Sauce you’ll need
2 cups sauteed pears apples, 1 lemon juice, 2 or more tablespoons raw honey or sweetener of choice(more or less depending on preference), 1 banana, 4 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 6 tablespoons coconut cream
Chop up 2 apples and 2 pears.
In a pan at medium heat add one tablespoon of olive olive and add pears. Cover and cook at a low heat for about 5 minutes or till they become soft.
Turn off the heat and leave them uncovered till they cool down.
You can leave some sauteed fruit for adding to your ice cream towards the end of ice cream making.
In a blender add 2 cups sauteed fruit, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, half the honey, banana and coconut cream.
Blend and pour into your ice cream maker and process. I use an ice cream making bowl.
Process until it gets to soft serve. Add about a quarter cup sauteed fruit and process further.
At the end add cinnamon, raw honey and mix lightly and it’s ready to have.
Depending on your ice cream maker and your preference you might have to freeze your ice cream to get it to harden up a bit more.
You can enjoy it as it is or make a sauce to go with it.
Honey, Pear and Lemon Olive Oil Sauce Recipe
To make this sauce for 4 you’ll need 1 or 2 pears, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 lemon juice, 1 tablespoon raw honey
Slice the pears horizontally and cook them in the olive oil at a low heat, about 2 minutes each side.
Take off the heat and cover the pan with a lid so they soften a bit more as the heat of the pan or pot cooks them till they cool down.
Add honey,lemon juice and mix and they are ready to serve with the ice cream.
Enjoy the delicious Apple Pear Cinnamon Ice Cream In Lemon Sauce
- 2 apples and 2 pears to make 2 cups sauteed pears and apples
- 1 banana
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (more or less) or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 pears
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- Chop up pears and apples and sautee in olive oil for about 5 minutes at a low heat
- Take off the heat and let them cool down
- Add 2 cups of sauteed fruit to blender with coconut cream, 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and half the honey and blend.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and process to soft serve, add a bit of fruit left over, then cinnamon and honey.
- Lighty mix through.
- You can have your ice cream from soft serve.
- Depending on your ice cream maker you might have to freeze your ice cream to get it to harden.
- Slice pears horizontally and cook in 2 tablespoons olive oil for about 2 minutes each side.
- Take it off the heat and put a lid on the pot or pan and let the heat in the pan cook further before it cools down.
- When it cools add honey and squeeze in lemon juice
- Mix and serve with your ice cream.